Hey! My name is Breanna Dale and I am a registered dietitian nutritionist. My goal is to help people let go of the food rules and control that diet culture creates. As a christian I will provide a biblical view on taking care of health instead of a worldly view. I want to help people be at peace with the foods they eat and remove the ideas that the food you eat impacts who you are.
Here are my healthy living philosophies:
- Diets are how and what we eat ALL the time. Not something you go on short term to lose weight.
- All food is neutral. There are no “good” foods “bad” foods.
- Your quality and worth is not determined by the size of your pants and number on the scale.
- How or what you eat does not determine your character. You aren’t bad or good based off of the food choices you make.
- Eating a food that you feel is bad does not mean you cheated.
- Balance and moderation are key. If it’s too restrictive you likely won’t maintain it long term.
- Consistency is important. You can’t make changes 40% of the time and expect to see a big difference.
- Food is fun, so enjoy what you eat.
- Always try new foods, so you can have more fun. (see point above).
- Healthy living doesn’t have to start on Mondays. You can start over at 3:02 pm on a Thursday even if you feel like just messed up.
- Exercise is fun too. There are so many ways to get moving!
- Exercise is not punishment. Do activity that makes you feel good.
- Baked chicken, steam broccoli, and brown rice for every meal is NOT the way to go about this. Unless that’s what you love.
- If you want to make changes, write your goals down and share them!
- Live “healthy-ish.” Drink your water, get your exercise, get enough sleep, eat your fruits, veggies, and whole grains, but also include all the foods that you enjoy, take days off, and relax.
- BONUS: Chocolate. Every. Single. Day.