Crispy, buttery, garlicky homemade croutons inspired by my husband’s savory and crunchy lovin’ taste buds, or as he calls it, his “salt tooth.”
I’ve got a really simple recipe for you today. These croutons are quick to make and require minimal ingredients. They make great additions to salad or soup, or just enjoy them on their own! My husband, Kevin, absolutely loves to snack on them. This recipe was inspired by his love of croutons and a tradition of picking up a bag in the bakery section of a grocery store located in our home town any time we went home. As much as he loved to buy them, they were expensive for how little time it took for him to eat them. There began my mission to make them for him at home. Watching his face when he tried them is how I knew this recipe was a keeper, just like my husband ;).
1 loaf pre sliced french bread
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Line a baking sheet with foil or silpat baking mats.
- Slice each bread slice in half.
- Add olive oil, garlic power, salt, and pepper to the bowl of melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Use a brush to evenly coat each slice of bread with the butter and oil mixture on both sides. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes till golden in color and crispy. Flip croutons over half way through.